Sunday, March 9, 2014

Breakfast at home

Pancakes for Sunday breakfast this morning. Here is my recipe:  http://ctonabudget.blogspot.com/2014/01/fiscal-fast-day-3.html   -just scroll towards the bottom of that post.

Lunch is pick your leftovers, but Sunday supper will be another marked down, pork tenderloin, this time it's a teriyaki marinated one. Sides will be oven roasted potatoes, tossed salad with choice of dressing, canned green beans.

I ended up making a batch of apple sauce, using up the last of the Fall picked at the orchard apples that were starting to go. Gifted some to college boy, some was served at supper alongside the pork, some is in the refrigerator for this week. Although I only used my right hand/arm to hold the handle of the food mill, cranking the handle with my left (I am normally right handed) it caused me some pain afterwards, so I had DD finish the sauce, and I've had 2 sessions of icing my shoulder. I know when to listen to my body, when to stop. I've made it this far in my recovery, and don't want to jeopordize anything. I know it was the Deltoid, which the surgeon chose not to repair, letting it heal on it's own. Sigh. I am feeling better but will be very, very careful the next few days and will monitor this. I return to PT on Tues.

I'd like to get my taxes ready to be dropped off at the CPA this week, I am pretty organized so it's a matter of completing a work sheet. I do have some questions/issues to discuss with the CPA when I do go, however. This is now on deck for Mon

Next: my closets. I got distracted with counter cleaning yesterday, did too much so I got over tired. I took a 2 hour nap! and yes, I did later go to bed at the usual bed time and sleep through the night. I just over did it. Happens when I push myself.This is getting pushed to later in the week.

6 comments:

Shara said...

Pancakes may be hands down the most versatile and tasty dish -- and probably one of the most frugal. Then to add to that they have the double blessing of feeling special in some way...lol.

I wondered if you were overdoing it, but wasn't about to ask.

Pace yourself and heal!

CTMOM said...

Shara, I intentionally made a triple batch of these pancakes, providing me with a quick heat up, and an extra special weekday breakfast for the kids the next few days. I was blessed with gallons (no typo!) of VT maple syrup from a friend. : )
I've learned to listen to my body, hense, when I felt tired yesterday, I called it quits! I'm 5 1/2 weeks post op, doing well, fortunately.

young77 said...

I tried to find your pancake recipe and the msg I got said page didn't exit. Help! Thanks How wonderful to be blessed with all the VT real maple syrup.

CTMOM said...

Young
I just tried the link I posted, copied and pasted it, came right to the post I referenced.

Here's the recipe:

I mixed up a batch of pancake batter. Perfect! I used this recipe:
Beat the following together in a small bowl, then set aside:
1 egg
1 1/4 cups buttermilk or sour milk (I used instant and added 1 Tbsp white vinegar per cup to sour the milk, let set 5 minutes)
2 Tbsp cooking oil

In a large bowl, mix:
1 cup all purpose flour
1 Tbsp sugar
2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt

Pour liquid into the dry ingredients and mix till blended but slightly lumpy. Cook on greased griddle.

young77 said...

Thank you so much for the recipe. I am not overly proficient on the computer, so I'm sure it was "operator error" that prevented me from finding the recipe.

Please, please pace yourself while healing.

CTMOM said...

Young-You are very welcome. It is an old recipe, taken from a 1930's or 40's cookbook. Love those as resources for good, basic recipes. I am definitely being extra careful. I've worked this hard in my recovery, do not want to risk creating any complications or set backs. I am doing very well, so far. : )