Sunday, March 16, 2014

Austerity April's grocery budget

Image: http://www.google.com/imgres?sa=X&biw=1517&bih=741&tbm=isch&tbnid=wq3QIEj4w9iYrM%3A&imgrefurl=http%3A%2F%2Frabble.ca%2Fblogs%2Fbloggers%2Fpolicyfix%2F2014%2F02%2F2014-federal-budget-austerity-many-prosperity-few&docid=zuvrADE8FIcBUM&imgurl=http%3A%2F%2Frabble.ca%2Fsites%2Frabble%2Ffiles%2Fnode-images%2Fausterity_0.jpg&w=640&h=640&ei=lKwlU-ThBsS90AHJtoDQBw&zoom=1&ved=0COoBEIQcMCg&iact=rc&dur=657&page=2&start=18&ndsp=25

Keeping very, very close tabs on my $200 April food budget. Having spent ahead, I'm tallying against that April reduced budget figure. My recent purchases are to top up/replace mostly staples and taxables that are/will be soon needed.

3/14: $19.64
3/15 $44.41

Saved with coupons: $25.14 to date

3 comments:

Belinda said...

I finally made it to Aldi to buy milk. It is $3.49 here, unfortunately. While we have great prices on produce at Aldi you have better prices on milk there. My sister in Illinois can get milk for $1.99 at Walgreens. Milk is, unfortunately, just higher here than other areas of the country.

CTMOM said...

Funny how milk prices can fluctuate so much within the same country! How about cheese and other dairy prices? are they high as well? On my recent trip to IGA to use a gift card, I noted that the cheapest cheese blocks at that store, sell for $7.99/lb! Yikes! My cut off is $4, and that is under duress. I can easily find cheese on sale, with coupon, if not deli ends for $3-$4. I am talking "good" cheese, too.

Belinda said...

We can usually find some good bargains on cheese. I bought some 8 ounce bags at Publix this week for $1.25 with a coupon. It's just the milk that is high for some odd reason.

My cut off is $4 on cheese too. We will just do without if it is higher than that.