Thursday, February 27, 2014

Crock Pot Thursday: tortellini with marinara

I use my Crock pots at least twice a week, if not more often. Great time, energy and money saver for me. Tonight's fare: cheese filled, dried tortellini with a home made, Crock Pot marinara. I simply mixed a large can of tomato puree, a medium can of diced, Italian style tomatoes, some beef bouillon cubes, a large Bay leaf, some Italian seasoning, black pepper, minced dried onion before adding a nice splash of red wine. This will simmer all day. A quick tossed salad, and dinner is done.

Thursdays are usually long days for me, with after work meetings. Although currently off on leave, I continue planning this way. I also try to make Thursdays vegetarian meal days, as another cost saving measure.

2 comments:

j said...

I never thought of putting beef bullion cubes in....what a great idea!

CTMOM said...

Judy
Just use it in place of salt for an extra layer of flavor.