Saturday, January 4, 2014

Shirley Goode's approach to food shopping: The rule of four



An interesting approach to grocery shopping, for a Brittish blogger that I follow, Shirley Goode:

Those who a (like me) foodie shopaholics, can both enjoy the hunter/gathering, even ending up with more than they might normally buy, but still end up spending less - IF you use my 'Rule of Four' approach.  
To do this you need to fix your budget slightly below the norm, then divide this into four, each quarter to be spent on meat/fish, fruit/veg, dairy, groceries..

To read the whole blog post:

http://shirleygoode.blogspot.com/2014/01/odds-and-ends-bits-and-bobs.html

2 comments:

The domestic Groove said...

Very interesting post. I signed up to follow her blog. Thanks for the tip.

Gill - That British Woman said...

I have her very first book and occasionally use a recipe in there called Potato Kugel. Must make it again.