Wednesday, January 8, 2014

Fiscal fast, day 8: Oh what a day!

I actually slept fairly well last night, continuous shoulder and arm pain have meant waking up every 2 hours or so since I fell. I'm exhausted. Woke up at 5, gathered my clothes, and set to take a shower. All was well, shampooed, and had conditioner on the ends (rinse that off just prior to leaving a shower), soaped up, and lost all water pressure. I called out: "is anyone using water?"  Nope. No water-anywhere. : (

Grabbed a towel, moved to the kitchen, heated up some bottled water and finished up washing/rinsing. Sigh.

Texted and e-mailed the landlord, advising her of the situation, asking her to contact DD, who would be home. Fast forward, a plumber came out, the well house was uncovered, and the pipe froze (had been - 11 degrees F). He used a heat gun to free things up, recovered the well cap. All is well, for now. Of course, this had to happen on a day when I had a 7 a.m. meeting with a parent.



Tried to unhijack DD's car from a very surly, unprofessional, *** aka tow truck company. They only take cash. (Gee where's the notice on that). They are trying to charge for storage for 4 days. . .um, towed Friday, came Sat morning (per website we got the hours for business)-place closed. Closed Sun. Came Mon, only mechanic on duty, please return tomorrow when owner will be in. Ok, returned this afternoon, to be greeted by a total A**.  So for now, it looks like we have to return tomorrow, with cash. Oh, he's being nice-offered to drop it down, without the storage. When I politely asked a few questions, never raising my voice, he got irritated, complained that we were costing him $ as he is paying the woman at the desk and customers are waiting (ok, one woman came in, counting out cash to release her car).  I asked for a copy of his charges, "it's on the wall." He continued to get irritated, raising his voice. I replied, "I am just trying to understand this bill." "forget it, come back tomorrow and pay for it in full." BTW-he stated at some point that we can complain to DMV and if we do, we'll be responsible for the entire bill, not the discounted bill. Ugly immediately comes to mind.

Picked up my new hand splint. Paid in full through insurance.

Stopped at Aldi's for milk, salt, butter, margarine, and caved: "Girl Scout" imitation cookies (Samoas) and



 a take n bake pizza for me to share with DD. $14.79. I've got a splitting headache, I'm cold and just want to eat and go to bed.


3 comments:

slugmama said...

You and Alexander should just move to Australia after the terrible, no good, very bad day... ;-)

Lili said...

What a rotten, rotten day you had! I feel for you, and am wishing you a much better day tomorrow!

Belinda said...

Wow, that tow truck company owner sounds awful! :(

Glad you have your water back on now. Sounds like you have a really bad day. I'm sorry and hope Thursday is better for you. :)