Tuesday, January 28, 2014

Fiscal fast, day 28: this is it, folks!

Wrapped things up at work today, addressed HR issues-pay or lack there of is gotta be ugly, but we'll be OK. I've planned as best I could, we'll just have to deal and are blessed that there are savings if we had to . . . I think "we've got this." as college boy would say. : )


All meals from home, ran a load of towels, dried only a bit in the dryer, to be hung on clothes horses in front of the radiator. Making 2 loaves of bread for this week, replenished the OJ (although I fast as of midnight).

Today's freebie: friend brought over 2 gallons of surplus VT maple syrup from her pantry, a grocery bag full of cooking magazines for me to read while recovering. I feel like I'm turning into bionic woman-all these repaired parts. I feel blessed that I have complete faith and trust in my surgeon, who will put me back together again. Rehab-to be frank, I completely understand what lies ahead, it won't be fun, but it's vital to get the best end result.

I'll be back when I can.

16 comments:

missy said...

Good thoughts and prayers for you. How will you ever take it easy?lol

Nancy said...

My prayers are with you.

janie said...

Good luck, Carol!!

Hope all goes well.

Janie

Linda www.PictureTrail.com/sewhappy said...

My very best wishes for your surgery to go smoothly and for the recovery and PT to be easier than the last time and for you to be painfree and have full range of motion. I am one of many who will be sending good healing thoughts every day.
Linda

BarbS said...

Best of luck in your surgery and recovery. Don't rush it. We look forward to your return. You have done a wonderful job preparing for this.

slugmama said...

Bon voyage!

Hope everything goes as well as can be expected.
You do indeed, "got this"....

Melissa Tammy Foley said...

I read your blog each day and hope that your surgery and recovery will go smoothly.

Miss Sandie said...

Good luck!

Rachel said...

Good luck! Hope it goes smoothly!

Blissfulbutterfly said...

Hope everything goes well. Looking forward to your return.

Bargain Mom said...

Best of luck tomorrow! You'll have to just be happy to read what the rest of us like minded frugalistas are blogging about.

Unless you can figure out how to talk to the computer and have it type your thoughts - we will have to try and pick up the slack.

Hope you're back soon!

Diane Sommer said...

Good luck for a speedy recovery! I will pray for you.

Julie Vidani said...

Best of luck Carol. Praying for a smooth and uneventful surgery and rehab!

Belinda said...

Sending good thoughts and prayers your way, Carol!!

Angela said...

Hope all goes well. I'm sure it will as you have done such a great job getting things ready. Have just recently discovered your blog and LOVE it. You offer "real life" tips that I can actually use. Don't stay gone too long. You will be missed.
Angela

Kelly Campbell said...

Good luck, Carol. I hope you come thru with flying colors.