Friday, January 17, 2014

Fiscal fast, day 17: a double freebie, an upcoming one, pizza with the kiddos

Officially in semester exams, which normally means 1/2 days of school. Today was an exception, as we had professional development afterwards. As is the norm in this school, we were provided lunch for free. Today's menu: assorted wrap sandwiches (egg salad, turkey, Italian combo, grilled veggies), tossed salad with assorted dressings, choice of coffee/tea/water, chocolate chip cookies for dessert. Since we had sandwiches leftover, and it's a holiday weekend, we were encouraged to grab what we could use. I took 4 1/2 wrap sandwiches for college boy. So my lunch was free: freebie # 1, DS # 1's lunch tomorrow will also be a freebie, as will the other sandwich for his GF.

On the way home from work, I stopped in at the car wash (I prepay for my car washes with Christmas promotional certificates,, prebuying 8/year. I also get a birthday freebie, as well as the 10th car wash is free). I save $5/car wash this way. My car is nice and clean, the road salt is removed and I hit the 9th car wash, which means that the next time I go (most likely March as my car will have to sit a while before I can drive), it'll be a freebie. : )

 Pizza # 1: pepperoni and onion on homemade crust with homemade sauce
Pizza # 2: same crust and sauce, this time there is bacon, Pepperoni, black olives, onion, red and green peppers. Smells awesome in here!
Dinner tonight: pizzas made from scratch at home. All 4 kiddos will be here, along with college boy's GF. they are still moving stuff out of my outside storage building, and will stop by on the way home. I invited them to stay or take it with them, if preferred.

2 comments:

j said...

That's a great idea with the car wash. I try to go before 9 because it is half price. But will check tomorrow and see if they pre sell them also.

Your pizza's look yummy. We had them, much faster then sending out. I have three more crusts made and ready to defrost for this weekend since DD has a track meet so I know we will be there all day

Precious said...

Yum! I will take a slice of #2!