Sunday, January 12, 2014

Fiscal fast day 11: planning ahead

A quiet day here yesterday, car sat in the driveway while I did some light housekeeping, and the usual, daily chores, including laundry. My main project of the day:

I've slowly gathered my ingredients

Inspiration was 4 boxes of marked down, stuffing shells @ 89 cents/box-an unheard of price! Nothing wrong with them either, the boxes were pristine. Perhaps they overbought?



While the pasta was cooking, I made a basic marinara sauce.
Mixed up my cheese filling, combining ricotta with less expensive, cottage cheese as well as eggs, black pepper, Italian herbs, Parmesan.

2 boxes made 3 dinners

My kitchen freezer is looking quite happy at the moment, 7 meals in there.

6 comments:

The domestic Groove said...

Oh that looks yummy! Nice work.

Belinda said...

Looks good & what a great price!!!

The domestic Groove said...

I just gave you a shout out on my blog about how much I love CT on a Budget and linked to you. Thank you so much for all of the ideas that you give us!

Bargain Mom said...

Nice job! Did you keep a few out to have for dinner last night? I have a wicked cold currently kicking my butt - only did laundry....I need to get rid of this cold ASAP!

j said...

My freezer is fulling stocked from my marathon cooking session. I still have to make chicken soup but will make that later in the week as I think we are having a chicken on Thursday. Its just nice to know we have plenty of food in the freezer

CTMOM said...

Judy, it's a comfort knowing that I have home prepared foods at the ready, as we brace for my upcoming surgery. Been there, done that, so I appreciate having these on hand.