Thursday, December 19, 2013

Well, that makes it an easy decision

With impending time off of work without pay, I am clamping down on every expenditure, seeking alternatives, substitutions, things I can drop such as use up the cocoa, then try mixing up some of my own "mix" or just move to hot tea for the kids in the morning. One line item that I tweaked earlier this year was the home delivered newspaper, dropping from a 7 day program to Th, Sat, Sun. With budget review came the thought that maybe I should drop down further to just the Sunday paper. Fastforward and I received this letter today, advising me that the paper rate is going up in January. Sigh. Looks like I am dropping it to just Sunday, if not losing it all together.

4 comments:

Mary Lou said...

As much as I would like the Boston Globe on a daily basis, I settle for just the Sunday Globe and read some of the daily paper online. With the Boston Globe even if you only get the Sunday paper you are a subscriber and get all the perks.

j said...

I did the same thing last year when they raised ours. Plus truthfully it just wasn't worth the money anymore.

Amanda said...

The libraries in pa have current newspapers. Do you have something like that there?

67a6ec6a-697e-11e3-81b7-000bcdcb471e said...

Carol, don't you have short term disability at work? Love your blog and get much help from it. Terri