Sunday, December 8, 2013

Getting ready for Christmas

I reached out to a friend with a large vehicle, to get our Christmas tree from a CT tree farm. I budget for this splurge, and even used a coupon (saved it from last year) to get $5 off my tree this year. Got another coupon to use again for NEXT year as well. There are some big box stores and local chains that sell for less, but their trees tend to start shedding within a week. I only keep a tree until New Years' so there is no reason for it to fail so soon. Been very happy with trees from this CT farmer, so we return. Now I await college boy to do  a fresh cut and carry it inside for me, placing it in the tree stand. Storm headed here so I hope he shows up soon.

1 comment:

Bargain Mom said...

We got ours today from a guy down the road. It's pretty and not nearly as pricey as the farm we used to go to, plus he isn't as commercial as they are. Just a retiree making a little cash.