Saturday, December 28, 2013

Ham meal # 4: Crock Pot Saturday's soup!

 A typical Saturday for me, so time to make some soup! Start with a Crock Pot (gotta save on electric after all! and it'll cook while I am out of the house, running errands this morning)
 I rinsed 2 cups of a mix of yellow and green split peas with some whole peas mixed in. I used up the jar of yellow split, then turned to my next jar, which was green split with some of the whole yellow inside the jar. Gotta use what is on hand.
 Additional ingredients: some reserved ham stock from Christmas, some homemade chicken stock, carrots, fzn cubes of ham (only using about 1/2 of the bag, just enough to flavor the soup as the rest is earmarked for mac and cheese next week), onion, black pepper, a large Bay leaf, carrots. I also added some water as my stock is quite gelatinous.
A bit blurry, but here it is all set to go. Easy supper, cheap lunches next week.





And this is what I came home to this afternoon. House smells awesome!

1 comment:

Softie said...

Sounds really good!