Friday, December 27, 2013

Crock Pot recipe for refried beans


We like refried beans, either as the sole protein source in a taco or as a "paste" to accompany most likely a 50-50 mixture of ground/chopped meat and beans before adding lettuce, tomato, etc. I stopped buying refried beans UNLESS I could find them in the crash n burn section at the grocers, as the normal price of $1 +/15 oz can, is too high for my liking, when I'll only pay 50 cents/15 oz can of beans.

This afternoon, I came across this Crock Pot recipe:

http://www.lynnskitchenadventures.com/2013/07/slow-cooked-homemade-refried-beans.html

Based upon the numerous Google images for the same, this recipe seems well known, just not by us. So, I am considering cooking up a batch, decanting into smaller, meal sized tubs. I pay $1/bag of beans so I am certain that I can make these super cheap, and pintos are one of our favorite beans.

1 comment:

M Ripples said...

I'm so glad you posted this. I was just thinking the other day that I should make a big batch of refried beans. I have almost of full bag of dried pinto beans. But I never did get around to looking up a recipe. I'm going to try this one this weekend.

Thanks!