Tuesday, November 12, 2013

Things I did on Sunday to help ease into this work week


Per usual, clothing is inspected before clean laundry is put away. Another mending job done on college boy's jeans (this time a torn front pocket), and the inner seam of a pair of DD's leggings gave out. Just a few minutes on my sewing machine, they are placed quickly back into rotation. I find that if I deal with it right away, it doesn't linger in a pile in my room, where my sewing areas are located.
Assorted frozen lunches taken out to defrost for work lunches this week. Many buy lunches to the tune of $5 easily at work or $100/month, $1000/year. I'll eat leftovers instead. : )

1 comment:

Hawaii Planner said...

I'm with you - I always packed lunches. Now, my employer pays, and I'm having to get more creative to ensure we use up leftovers that would typically make their way into lunches.

I wish I knew how to sew - as the kids get older & clothing lasts a bit longer - it's a must. Luckily, my husband sews a bit.