Monday, November 18, 2013

Fish on Monday, planning ahead for Tuesday

 A quick supper tonight: horseradish encrusted Swai. Sides were Basmati rice with butter, tossed salad with Italian vinaigrette, leftover green/wax beans, leftover Acorn squash.  Once dinner was cleared away, I started on Tuesday's supper, as we will come in late, BUT DD has a short day at work, and will be able to pop a casserole dish into the oven while we are away. Tomorrow's menu: lazy golumbki casserole, using up the rest of a head of green cabbage, onion, brown rice, 1 lb marked down ground sirloin, healthy choice style tomato soup, dried basil, salt and pepper.
This is now covered and refrigerated until tomorrow. We're eating what is on hand, eating healthfully, and avoiding processed foods/take out in the process. This works for me.

3 comments:

j said...

I just realized I havent made gulumbkis in ages!

CTMOM said...

Judy
I make real golumbkis about once a year. Alot of work but so good! THis is a compromise. Tastes alot like the real deal for a lot less work.

Bargain Mom said...

Carol - you want to check your local shop rite this week.... I went to mine this am, cracker barrel cheese is on sale 1.99/8oz block...and there were $1 off coupons on the packs! I bought the limit (4/variety) and will go back this afternoon on the way to get my kids from school! I will pop that in the freezer to shred later...