Sunday, November 3, 2013

A quick fix

I've had this cardinal print, Lanz flannel nightie for a few years now. Sad to have discovered a hole after laundering it, located right in the front. No worries, there is still plenty of life left in this still thick, nightie so to the flannel scrap pile I went and grabbed a bit of the red/white Christmas tree flannel scraps that were leftover from making a Christmas stocking this year. I turned the edges under and sewed them shut, then placed the newly made patch over the offending hole, sewed that to the bodice of the nightie. Good as new in just a few minutes. I am hoping to use this nightie at least 2 more Winters, including the impending one.

No comments: