Thursday, October 24, 2013

Vegetarian Thursday

 Tried out my new Cuisinart today-love it! I placed some organic vegetables into the bowl: red pepper, onion, celery, carrot, as well as some conventionally grown mushrooms.
                                 



It became this-looks like red meat but isn't. I sauteed this off a while, in some canola oil.


I then added the rest of some tomato puree, and 2 pints of home canned, organic tomatoes, along with some spices.

 After a splash of red wine, it became this.
 I boiled 2 pkgs of originally marked down, Aldi's tortellini
 Here's someone's dinner bowl tonight. Freshly grated Parmesan, using my new to me, Zyliss cheese grater-another hand saver that I love.
Our side dish was a quick, 3 bean salad, using home made vinaigrette. We hadn't had this in a while, tasted good for a change of pace.

3 comments:

Shara said...

Must have been the night for vegetarian dishes...we had curry.

Belinda said...

Looks delicious and "meaty".

Marcia in rural WNY said...

The bean salad looks good--I don't think I made any this summer, and it's usually one of my faithful summer sides. The tortellini looks good too---I just bought some this week but haven't used it yet. Sam's Club used to carry a big bag for less than $6 but haven't in the last couple years. I wish they would bring it back because it's darn expensive elsewhere!