Tuesday, October 1, 2013

Taking advantage of promotions

Pictured are the L L Bean, Wicked Good, sheerling lined slippers that we have used for years, to help keep our feet nice and toasty in the colder months. Living with wood floors in a stone cottage over mostly uninsulated crawl space, makes these ever more desireable. Several of us are literally wearing out our slippers and mine are included on that list. I ordered some things from LL Bean last night for college boy for Christmas, while they still have a good selection in stock. Come another month, this may not be the case. Knowing that they were also running a promotion that if you spent $X a $10 voucher would be sent, I willingly ordered those items for Christmas now. I had anticipated receipt of my voucher via mail, as they have done in the past. I was surprised to see it arrive as an email today. Great.
I used this $10 voucher to drop the price down for these pricey slippers, to $59:


Total Before Savings:
$69.00
Promotional Gift Card:
-$10.00

1 item in Bag:
$59.00
Shipping and Handling:
FREE

Subtotal:
$59.00
Tax:
$3.75




So , while these are a splurge item, we consider them a necessity, as a means to keeping our energy costs down, if possible.  These are part of my upcoming birthday gift to myself, so no worries as far as my budget is concerned. 

2 comments:

renee said...

Does LL BEAN not replace worn out things anymore?

CTMOM said...

Renee,
yes, LLBean does replace items. If defective, such as the zipper on my 2 month old quilted vest, I'd definitely return that. Worn out, probably 3 maybe 4 year old slippers? no, that is not something I'd ask to have replaced.