Saturday, October 19, 2013

Household goods on a budget

 I came across some "wants" today, at fantastic prices. Pictured above is the Italian throw that is a perfect, scarlet red-my living room accent color. The image is bleached out above. This was originally made for JCP, but I acquired it at Savers for $4.99 plus tax.
A brand new, 8 count box of steak knives, replace the not so great ones I was gifted-$2.99. A Zyliss brand cheese grater  $1.99, 2 brand new, Wilton cake company Christmas cookie cutters @ $1.99 ea. The item in the lower right of the photo, I am not sure what it is. At Savers, they bundle like items (such as kitchen gear) and sell them as a lot unit.

5 comments:

DW said...

It kind of looks like an egg slicer ....

You get really good deals at Savers!

Marcia in rural WNY said...

I hope you like the Zyliss---I bought mine at full retail and still think it was worth every penny. I grate Parmesean in it most often and it works wonderfully.

Donna said...

a boiled egg slicer?

Belinda said...

Looks like a tomato slicer, Carol. I used to have one, but without the white thing on top of it. Made really nice, uniform slices out of a tomato, which helps to get as many slices out of one as you can.

CTMOM said...

I've decided that the other gizmo must be a tomato slicer, and the top piece is for cleaning it???? I've survived this long with using my searated tomato knife, slices are even enough for my purposes so I'll donate that back. : )

Marcia
I use a lot of freshly grated Parmesan. Hoping that the Zylis grated makes my life a bit easier,and saves my hands a bit.