Tuesday, August 20, 2013

No more BBC America . . .

It's official, I've phoned the cable/internet company back today, as I was instructed to do a few weeks ago, in order to drop down in program service packages, as our current one would be escalating to $75/month. We simply don't watch enough TV to justify that. Of course, I had to get through customer rep # 1 before being transferred to the correct person. And again, I was asked to do a 3 way bundle, which again I declined. So, my cable/internet bill is dropping by $39.48 (with tax?) and since I changed it TODAY, even tho it's one day before my next billing cycle, it's still within a billing cycle, I will get a credit of $40.75 on my next bill. Ok, thanks.

The only negative is that in comparing the basic to economy (the one I selected) to value etc pkgs, we have to lose BBC America-one of the few channels that we do enjoy. : (    Simply not worth the extra $25/mo it would cost me to keep it. We've dropped down 2 levels in pkgs, the next drop is Basic.

Meanwhile, we'll sign up for Netflix and get the free month trial. If we like it, it certainly would be a nice addition.

4 comments:

lisa said...

We LOVE Netflix... My husband watches it more than I do...We still have the cable with the channels...I would love to go to basic... Can't talk my husband out of it...so it stays right now. Hopefully one day we can cut that...

I enjoy reading your blog... Lisa

Julia said...

we are basic cable and we have netflix as well. It is so worth it. I watch a lot of the BBC series on netflix.

Peanut said...

We watch our Netflix waaay more than cable. Also, I do most of my shopping at Amazon & got the Amazon Prime membership (free 2 day shipping!). As a side bonus, that includes thousands of movies & TV shows to stream, plus their free Kindle lending library. Originally we used a Roku box (about $50?) to access everything via TV, but then bought an Internet-ready TV so it's all wireless.

Casey said...

I've found most of the shows I watched on BBC America now on Netflix - plus lots of new ones.