Saturday, August 31, 2013

I heard back from corporate, and a freebie



Recently, I emailed Proctor and Gamble about an issue I had with a bottle of Downy fabric softener, a product I've used for years:
http://ctonabudget.blogspot.com/2013/08/more-corporate-corespondance-this-time.html

I received the following response:
Thank you for contacting Downy, Carol.

I am very sorry your recent purchase of Downy was too thick. This is not the quality that we expect from our products. When storing the product it can become thick or lumpy when exposed to extreme temperatures (either hot or cold) even before you purchased it. If it was frozen, it will appear much thicker (gel-like) and won't return to normal consistency on its own. Our best suggestion for storing the product is to store it at room temperature – in a cool, dry place and use it within one year.

The product is still safe to use - if you want to remove lumps/thickening, mix a capful of product with 1/2 cup warm water in a closed container and shake vigorously. (This diluted solution cannot be used in a Downy Ball.  It should be added via the machine’s dispenser or directly to the rinse water if your machine allows).

Since your satisfaction means a great deal to us, I am sending a coupon for a free Downy product to replace your product. Please watch for this to arrive by postal mail in 2-3 weeks.

Take care,

Mary
Downy Team



So, I will continue to try to use up this blobby stuff, hoping all the while that the blue blobs will stop adhering to the towels (the only time i use it is for towels), and will watch for my freebie coupon. It usually worthwhile to write corporate, experience has taught me.

1 comment:

Laura // No More Spending said...

At least you can still use it and get the freebie :)