Tuesday, August 13, 2013

Another switcheroo menu plan and I am Udy with a J again!

Pork chop-stuffing bake recipe (modified for a Crock Pot meal). Tuesday is a busy day, and we had selected this pork chop meal to accommodate a guest, who alas, had to leave earlier than anticipated. We continue on, however with Meal plan B. I selected a pkg of 4 marked down pork chops from the freezer and defrosted them overnight. I had picked these up in June. 

 I placed the rinsed chops into a Pam sprayed, oval Crock Pot. I then got out the rest of my ingredients:
 The remains of 2 pkgs of Bells stuffing (yay! pantry clean out!) proved to be just enough: 2 1/4 cups. Home made stuffing could have also been called into service. An onion, a sprig of celery, 4 Tbspmargarine (I wanted the buttery taste, although oil, cooking fat would have worked), bouillion (recipe called for 1 1/4 cups of water, I prefer home made chicken stock, this will do), an apple that is turning.Recipe suggests 2 medium apple. We have so little fresh fruit, that I simply wanted to use this apple up, leaving the 4 remaining as snacks.
 I mixed up the bouillon in the microwave.
 Meanwhile, I prepared 1/4 cup of onion, chopped and 1/4 cup celery, diced. I cut up the bad apple-
 the bulk of it is perfectly fine! Some* would have tossed all of it out. Not here.
 Saute the onion and celery (I also tossed in the apple) in the margarine until the celery is soft. One can also add dried fruit, nuts, winter squash cubes-etc.





 Add the cooked vegetable mixture and the bouillon to the bowl of stuffing. Toss lightly to blend. Let sit a few minutes.
Place even mounds of stuffing over each chop, cover and cook on low 4-6 hours. This newer CP runs HOT, so I'm doing low and may turn it over to warm before I have to leave this afternoon.

  Veggie sides will be fzn baby brussel sprouts in butter (an Aldi's clearance find) as well as leftover steamed Summer squash with dill.  I will be serving home made apple sauce as well. A Fall meal, and the weather is icky-so, it's perfect.

No comments: