Wednesday, August 14, 2013

A stretchy breakfast

 I am now down to under a dozen eggs, for whatever reason, panic mode sets in, regardless of how much other food is in the house. No eggs=disaster! I have most of a leftover onion chopped, along with 3 large Crimini mushrooms that I sliced and the planned over, cooked bacon that I intentionally set aside last Sunday for this dish, all layered evenly in a Pam sprayed quiche pan. I am using some of the gorgeous NY state sharp Cheddar that I was able to get @ $4/lb-my top price.
After grating the Cheddar, I mixed up a filling using 3 eggs, black pepper (I omit the salt, as the cheese has plenty), instant milk, water, home made Bisquick. I've topped the veggie-bacon bits and it's now baking off. This is how I can stretch 3 eggs when I normally serve 2 per person, to feed at least 4 today. I also can ration out my nice cheese and the pricey bacon, even though it was purchased on sale.

Ready!


2 comments:

Shara said...

Yum! That looks great!

CTMOM said...

It came out really, really yummy! : )
3 of us had bfst, and while this makes 8 portions, only 3 are left, so yes, it's good.