Sunday, July 28, 2013

Tweaking the monthly bills

We've been reviewing all of our usual, monthly bills and it was time to scrutinize the cell phones. We have 5 phones bundled under one plan, with me being reimbursed for 2 of the phones. Fine. What was worth looking at is how many shared minuted were being used as actual phone calls to outside of Verizon network phones. Since it was much lower than the amount provided at our level plan, I dropped down to the next level plan, still keeping unlimited texting/talking within Verizon. This will be a $40 decrease, not mentioning the taxes on said $40. Nice.

I am also looking to upgrade my phone to a touch screen, thinking that it would be easier on my hands than just a Qwerty. I had narrowed it down to 2 phones, and have decided to go with the Pantech, pictured above, mostly because it would be free with a renewed, 2 year contract, while the other contender would have cost me $99. I have no issues with renewing a contract, as we've been very happy with Verizon.

Since I've made a plan change, I can't order yet on line, so I'll call in the morning to see if they can somehow unlock my account in order for me to secure this other phone.

No comments: