Saturday, July 20, 2013

Overnight, refrigerator pickles recipe

A reader's request:



Overnight, refrigerator pickles

1 cup cider vinegar
1 3/4 cup sugar
1 Tbsp salt
1 tsp celery seed
6 small cukes, sliced
3 medium onions, sliced

Layer the cukes and onions in a jar.
Meanwhile, stir together the brine ingredients, then pour over the top.
Refrigerate and enjoy the next day

I usually double the brine recipe and fill a large, gallon sized jar. Brine can be reused over and over and is good for at least 6 months.

4 comments:

Threepoodles4me said...

Thank you!

carol hardie said...

Thank you for that recipe, I will do that!

Maria said...

Thanks for sharing! I am definitely going to try. I have more cucumbers than we can eat from our garden.

DW said...

That's one of my favorite summer recipes ... my mom always called it sweet&sour cucumber salad.