Wednesday, July 3, 2013

Not enough leftovers for supper

so I am cooking on a night when 2 of my sons are at Dad's for visitation. I have enough leftovers for 2 for lunch, so 3 of us will have a protein of some sort, topped salad. What to make for dinner?

I unearthed a bag of chicken thighs that I purchased on special/marked down, back in March. I have more rice from the pantry, as well as some home canned CSA organic tomatoes and tomato sauce, wine leftover from Christmas (I am a real drinker!), parts of both a yellow and a green pepper from marked down, my last  yellow onion (I still have fzn, chopped organic CSA leeks and Aldi's Vidalias, as well as dried onion)/ Add some spices and chicken caciatore is on the menu, large tossed salad with choice of homemade dressing on the side. Works.

4 comments:

Shara said...

Yum, that sounds great!

slugmama said...

I am sure you'll pull something off....you always do! 8-)

Tanner said...

It's like mystery kitchen! Just throw a bunch of ingredients and create something. I do that every so often, and most of the time, the stuff is edible. Hey, that's a plus!

Marcia in rural WNY said...

Your repertoire of recipes is large! I've been in a rut lately--I like a lot of variety, and DH couldn't care less. So this past couple weeks, I have been trying to amp up the variety, and did come up with a few dishes we hadn't had lately. If you keep at it, it's doable. Still, I think that last chicken I cooked is going to end up with some in the trash---after 4 meals from it, we can barely stand the sight of it again. We will lose one serving of casserole and possible a couple sandwiches worth of chicken salad. I bought the chicken at Sam's Club for no more than 88 cents a lb to begin with.