Tuesday, July 23, 2013

Crock Pot Tuesday: bolognese sauce over linguini

 Grabbed what I needed out of the freezer and pantry last night in preparation for making a Crock Pot bolognese sauce this morning. 8 oz each ground beef, Italian sausage, 29 oz can tomato puree, one of my remaining pints of organic, CSA tomatoes
 After browning off the meat and placing it, along with the tomatoes, into the awaiting Crock Pot, I added some mushrooms that needed to be used up, 2 sprigs celery, some frozen pepper strips that I later chopped. Black pepper, dried minced onion and garlic, a Bay leaf, Italian seasonings were used as well.
 I still have red wine left over from Christmas! Some of that went in (with enough still remaining for yet another batch of sauce in the future)
Before putting the lid on the Crock Pot, I tossed in the leftover turkey sloppy joes meat sauce from yesterday.  So now I'll let it do it's thing while I get ready for a busy day, full of appointments.

No comments: