Saturday, July 27, 2013

Cheap lunch at home

2 kidlets had grilled cheese on home made bread (shh! there is zucchini in that bread) I hadn't made that in some time. They enjoyed it.

DD and I split a home roasted chicken breast with havarti with dill cheese, Romaine, tomato with mayo and mustard, a sprinkle of black pepper sandwich on home made, honey whole wheat bread sandwich. I had a small bowl of home made coleslaw, she had chips.

Bfst was also eaten at home, as will be dinner. It's leftover night here. DD is out for the night, so just me and the boys.

5 comments:

Julia said...

you always make such varied meals -- I love the chicken and havarti dill sandwich idea!

CTMOM said...

Julia
I've never been a big fan of cheese on sandwiches. Hated most cheese as a kid, too. I do, however, occasionally enjoy Havarti with dill on turkey or chicken sandwiches. The dill flavor combined with the creamy cheese is delicious. This is Boar's Head cheese,and ridiculously expensive BUT, I only buy 6-8 slices at a time, making an affordable treat. : )

Julie Vidani said...

Carol! shhhh, I am from Wisconsin! I do enjoy your blog and get many great savings ideas from it.

Blissfulbutterfly said...

How do you get your bread so soft and looking like actual sandwich bread? I would've never guessed that bread came out of a bread machine. I also recently found a great deal on a bread machine at the thrift store so I bought it and have made a few loaves, but they always come out too dense so I gave up. Since then, I've been buying my loaves at Big Lots ($1.40 for the more expensive bread so it's not a bad deal)and just freezing them until I need them. I'd love to be able to make my own sliced bread though.

CTMOM said...

Bliss-type in "bread recipe" in the search tab on my blog and you should be able to recover several bread recipes that I have tried, that we like. Especially soft are potato breads, and the latest zucchini bread, of all things! I do like our honey whole wheat bread recipe as well. Note that home made bread will NOT be as super soft/spongy as the stuff sold like store brand white or what they like to pass as wheat. Still the types I've suggested from my recipes, I do deem "soft."
HTH