Tuesday, June 25, 2013

Crockpot Tuesday: meatball subs

Frozen, homemade meatballs simmering in homemade marinara all day in the Crockpot. Besides trying to reduce our electric bill, this early morning set up will provide a prepared meal ready for me when I return from medical appointments late this afternoon. Meatballs were made using homemade bread crumbs, marked down meatloaf mix(beef-pork-veal), eggs, spices, instant milk, Parmesan etc. Simple sauce: canned tomato puree, a pint of my home canned, organic tomatoes, spices. Done. I will be using some marked down, store bakery grinder rolls, and offering an additional topping of shredded Italian blend cheeses to those interested. Steamed organic CSA broccoli and a large tossed salad with choice of dressings will round out the meal.

1 comment:

Shara said...

Yum. It is 1:00 and I still haven't decided on our supper. I'm leaning toward veggie burgers and oven fries.