Saturday, May 25, 2013

Been recovering

Image:  http://img.ehowcdn.com/article-new/ehow/images/a01/u2/pr/necessary-rotator-surgery-800x800.jpg

Been off line as I had my rotator cuff surgery, which ended up being more extensive than originally thought, so it was incisional vs arthroscopic. Doing well, have Mom and college girl helping with ADLs and general life stuff such as cooking, laundry, driving. Already started physical therapy (ouch!). One major reason for having this surgery now is the fact that my medical ins. is changing to a high deductable savings plan, so best to get this procedure, the follow up therapy, as well as wisdom teeth surgery for all the kids addressed before July 1.

Costs so far?

-2 men's xxl v neck T shirts to wear over my sling
-$50/week for PT co-pays
-generic Advil, which we use anyway
-generic RX pain pills

I'm covering Mom's gas costs as we are only able to use her car and gas-ends up about what I spend weekly with commuting to work and my usual driving for appointments, errands, etc.  I did treat Mom to lunch @ Applebee's but I used a $25 free to me thru credit card points, gift card, so it was a very cheap lunch out!

8 comments:

kelley said...

Hoping your recovery passes by in a flash...so to good have family that can help out...

kelley said...

wishing you a speedy and uneventful recovery

Kelly Campbell said...

I will echo the "other" Kelley's sentiments by wishing you the best during your recovery period.

Marcia in rural WNY said...

I'm glad you are back on the computer---been checking the last few days and hoping you were starting to feel better.
My son in law injured his rotator cuff at work, but the MRI says it is only a bad bruise, added to arthritis. Still, he has been off work two weeks already and doesn't get to see the 2nd doctor until Tuesday--when we expect him to order PT and possibly a cortisone shot. He's not a sit-still sort of guy, so DD had to tell him "PT is going to BE your job until you get better." This was a sudden injurey--felt a "pop" while moving a case of paint cans. Comp paperwork completed and lots of other paperwork as well. I'm glad your mother could help out, as I understand there is plenty of pain involved, particularly if your surgery was more extensive than planned. But glad you're in the recovery period now.

DW said...

Hope your recovery is speedy!

Carol Lane said...

Wishing you a speedy recovery. Glad you have family there to help with the recovery.

BlissfulButterfly said...

Wishing you a pain free as possible recovery. It's nice that you have your mom and dd there to help out. One advantage is that you get to enjoy all the baked goodies, right? :)

Nancy said...

Carol Glad to hear the surgery went well even if it was more extensive than you'd originally thought it would be. Sending good thoughts that the rehab period goes swiftly.