Friday, March 22, 2013

Use it up: pasta bake

College boy forgot that I was making chicken parm last night, had dinner out. Silly boy! So, I ended up with a lot of extra spaghetti. No problem, I made up a lunch container of ck parm with a side of spaghetti, and 2 dinner containers for a family of 3, freezing one. The non frozen one has been dumped into a Pam sprayed casserole baker, topped with freshly grated Parmesan and the rest of an open pkg of shredded Mozzarella cheese. I am baking this off in the table top, convection oven.


Side: 1/2 a bag of fzn mixed veggies, cooked in the microwave.


My evening pot of tea with lemon and sugar.



The baked off spaghetti dish.



My dinner plate:

An easy, vegetarian meal on a night when I am always tired, as it's the end of the week.



3 comments:

Frugal in Bucks said...

I love pasta and cheese. You do a lot of lovely cooking. It's not helping me get in diet mode. Oh well...

Love from cold, wet, snowy England.
S.x

CTMOM said...

Hi Frugal in Bucks,
Unusually colder here in CT, about mid 30's F, should be 10 degrees warmer. Might hit mid 40's this weekend, but a snow blizzard/bad storm is once again in the forecast for Mon/Tues. So cold here as well. Thank you for your compliments on my cooking, something that I am known for. I am blessed to come from a long line of good, frugal, French cooks.
: )

Precious said...

It looks delicious and easy. Thanks for sharing.

It's about 10 degrees cooler here than normal too. But hopefully wamer weather is coming.