Thursday, March 21, 2013

Today's Freebie: the real stuff!

Yes, a FREEBIE: friend recently contacted me, asking if I'd be interested in some past date Maple syrup that has been lurking in her pantry. She had a ton of it, would give me the newer stuff. I am guessing that a family member has been gifting her and her family annually. With her kids moving out of the nest, she can't use it fast enough. So, yes, we're more than happy to take this off of her hands. 2 gallons worth of Vermont maple syrup. WOW! This is worth well over $100.

9 comments:

Marti said...

What a deal! I was going to ask you too if you have a recipe for the chicken parmesan? One of my favorites too but I've never found a recipe I like.

(Tnetter)

mmgreenough said...

YAY!!! What a great freebie :-)

Carrie Hetu said...

What a wonderful freebie score! My son just loves oatmeal with raisins and walnuts topped with Maple syrup! Enjoy your syrup!

Patti said...

Nice Score!

Shara said...

Awesome freebie. Maple syrup is so expensive here.

CTMOM said...

Marti
I simply use whole grain breaded Perdue BSCB when I can get them super, super cheap. I make my own marinara, and while that is simmering away, I bake off the prebreaded chicken for about 20 minutes. I then top the chicken with ample sauce and top that with cheese and return the tray to the oven and let it cook until the cheese is nice and bubbly. My marinara is simply home canned tomatoes, a 29 oz can of tomato puree, spices. Simple. I usually serve this with spaghetti, as I did last night, as I am using up old stores of food from my former home, including a lost in the back of the cabinet, plastic tub of spaghetti.

CTMOM said...

MMGreen/Carrie H/Patti/Shara-yes, a wonderful, wonderful gift. I had written real maple syrup off of my list, simply too expensive. I had moved to making maple sugar syrup with water, sugar, Mapeline.

Belinda said...

Wow, what a nice thing for your friend to give you. :)

Precious said...

We use real maple syrup so I know how expensive it is. What a gift! Enjoy it.