Saturday, March 30, 2013

Today's baking

 2 loaves of honey whole wheat bread for DD to take back to school with her. She uses little bread and thinks that this will be enough for the next 5 weeks until she is out for the year. She will preslice it, store it in the freezer.
A batch of magic cookie bars. I've made these several times recently, I have all the ingredients on hand, they are quick to assemble and go over well with my kids. Making treats like these at home saves me considerable money.

3 comments:

Belinda said...

How wonderful that your daughter is following in your frugal footsteps, Carol. :)

CTMOM said...

Belinda,
Yes, DD is like me in many respects when it comes to money, budgeting. DS on the other hand, well that is a work in progress! Poor girl is beyond broke. She asked me for $XXX, I figured that it'd be cheaper for me to just let her shop my pantry, go shopping with me. I was right. : )

Belinda said...

That is terrific! :)