Saturday, March 16, 2013

Taxables

I used the last of the cat liter this morning, so I guess I needed the new jug (I hate running out of stuff). I did not NEED the detergent nor the dishwasher tabs. These type of items, especially as they are taxed, are things that I will purchase when I find a deal as this practice saves me substantial funds over running out and paying whatever price. The All laundry detergent was actually a substitute for the 50 oz jug of Era that Stop and Shop had a free coupon offer for. Since the shelf was cleared, the manager offered this $6.69 bottle of All as a replacement. I am not brand loyal, and actually like All detergent. Nice freebie! The Sunlight 20 count tabs cost me $2.99 after large coupon or 15 cents a tab. I am still using the dishwasher powder that clumped in the boxes down cellar at my former home. I ended up with 2 5 qt plastic tubs worth of soap once I decanted it. I have about 1/2 a tub left now, having lived here with a dishwasher 7 months, using it once a day, sometimes waiting longer. These tabs are new technology for me, I remember when the powders were replaced by gel dishwasher soap. That was the big deal. These tabs are very expensive. So, I stockpile my deals for when I am out of my cellar stash and need to move on to new products.

4 comments:

missy said...

I shop Aldi's regularly and have hesitated about buying the Fine Feline kitty litter and wanted to ask you how is the quality of it? Thanks for any information.

anne dinan said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
CTMOM said...

Missy, the Aldi's version of scoopable cat liter is just as good as the National brands, only half the cost!

missy said...

Thanks for the tip. I will indeed buy it next week when I go for a stock up trip. I really appreciate all of your tips, suggestions, recipes and such.