Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Rethinking my old ways

I often make tea at work, as my lunch beverage. I pull my tea bag out and toss it, before returning to work at the end of the lunch break. If I was home, I'd routinely store my used tea bag near the stove, and once I had amassed 2, I'd make a cup of tea for my self. Seems wasteful to toss the work one out.

Ahah! I've been toting a small, covered, plastic Tupperware container with crackers for my daily soup. Once empty, I now just place my tea bag in there, and tote it back home. Tonight's after supper cup of tea is using 2 saved from the work break room trash tea bags.

While I continue to pay 1-2 cents/tea bag for my tea, it is also an ecological move, in addition to being a thrifty measure.

4 comments:

Frugal in Bucks said...

I always think its a waste. If I use it twice its half the amount I buy. It's a great, thrifty idea. Good for you.

j udy said...

We all save ours in a container in the fridge and I use it to make sweet tea every other day. Waste not want not!!

mylifeinfocusblog said...

I do this all the time also. I use one tea bag for at least two virgin teas, then I use the older tea bag with a newer tea when I make the 3rd cup. Afterwards, I toss the old tea bag and use the newer solo for next cup. And so on and so on.

I don't call it frugal. I call it using good sound judgment. I dislike wastefullness.

Precious said...

All of the little things we do add up to big bucks.