Sunday, March 31, 2013

One of the perks of renting

Image: http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-UolD6vIM6Yw/Tz8c259aIyI/AAAAAAAAAKU/7-x3YDGh_uE/s1600/KENMORE+DISHWASHER.jpg

Although the one here is white, I have the identical dishwasher in this rental. It made a noise yesterday, I opened it up, checked for anything blocking, it continued a bit, then the noise went away. Hmmmm . . this morning, I started it up again, and same issues, same remedy, restarted it, it continued made a thunk and seems to have died. It tries to drain, but stops itself. Waterpump issue?

I've emailed the LL, it's an older model, 2 prongs are missing from the bottom rack, one of the 2 door covers for soap is missing but it had been running perfectly fine since I moved in last August. I've asked that it either be repaired or replaced. I suspect that it would be cheaper to replace it. Not my issue, other than getting a prompt repair/replacement. With my hand arthritis, never mind upcoming surgery, this is used daily. It's listed in the lease so the LL has to address it.

2 comments:

janie said...

we had a similar issues. One of the pipes where it would drain was clogged.

Happy Easter, Janie

CTMOM said...

Janie, I do hope that it's an easy fix/replacement. Got a lot on my plate at the moment. Returned home from Easter at a relatives home for lunch, to unload the dishwasher and hand wash and then dry everything. Ugh. Wash water sits in the bottom of the dishwasher. I am concerned that it may get funky* in a few days.