Sunday, March 17, 2013

Happy St Patrick's

 Happy St Patrick's Day! While corned beef was very high this year, I was finally able to take advantage of a coupon offer on one corned beef, paying $1.79/lb. It had been averaging $4/lb. Here is ours today, simmering away on the stove. After 4 hours, I will platter it, and boil the vegetables in the cooking broth.
Red bliss potatoes on sale, older cabbage, older carrots all set to go. I did replenish potatoes/carrots/cabbage to take advantage of the St Pat's sale promotions. I am intentionally cooking extra potatoes in hopes of making a hash with leftover corned beef, later on this week.

1 comment:

DW said...

You did good on the corned beef. Here, the best price I could find was $1.97 lb. I'm hoping they'll be marked down next week so I can get another one.