Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Tuesday: Hamburger and Macaroni

Pretty simple dish to prepare tonight. Got home about 5:45. sent kidlet to the shower while I pulled this together, using 3 cups dry pasta, one lb ground beef that I defrosted, fzn organic CSA pepper strips, 1/2 of a large onion, 2 cloves organic CSA garlic, spices, a qt of home canned organic CSA tomatoes, a crash n burn 8 oz can tomato sauce, the rest of my fresh mushrooms. Smells great. It's now simmering on low to allow the flavors to blend. Supper is late tonight due to medical appointments, but this is worth waiting for, and will supply me with some work lunches if not leftovers for supper later this week, or for stocking the freezer. Using much less meat in this dish than I would have in times past, to economize.

2 comments:

Connie Baum said...

10771We are eating MUCH less meat, as well. We are leaning hard on eggs, cheese, beans, grains, and lots of veggies. We are feeling great and have lots of zip. It must be working to our advantage.

Love the notion of adding 'shrooms to the mac n beef. Smells yummy, I betcha.

Nancy said...

We call this 'slub glub' at our house and it is a family favorite. I love it because it is quick, easy, and inexpensive. And it goes a long way too.