Saturday, February 9, 2013

Today's lunch . .aka use it up!

 Leftover spaghetti
 plus leftover sloppy joe sauce made with beef
 plus the rest of a pkg of Aldi's shredded Mozzarella, the rest of a block of aged Cheddar, some freshly grated Parmesan . .
 became this: Pasta bake is what I am calling it. While I normally do this type of thing with penne, angel hair spaghetti will have to do. Waste not, want not.
 Now covered with repurposed, tin foil
It's baking off in the table top, convection oven.

Lunch!

Yum! this came out really good, most likely due to the 3 cheeses used. Will definately do this again.

4 comments:

Shara said...

We've always called it baked spaghetti -- creative namers that we are...lol. However, my son loves it so I'd try to always have leftovers to make some when he was around.

j udy said...

Looks good to me! I will usually do a baked ziti but with whatever is left over to use it up. I also will throw in some left over sausage or meatballs if we have it...

I love your baking dish

Belinda said...

Looks delicious. We called it baked spaghetti too.

CTMOM said...

Judy, A friend gave me the blue speckled, rectangular dish years ago, it was a Christmas gift set that included some mixes of some sort. This dish perfectly fits in my tabletop covection oven-a real bonus. : )