Wednesday, February 6, 2013

Car repair update

Image: http://www.barronmind.com/WMHlogoweb.gif

Well, it remains a mystery. The horrendous noise that was emitting from the left front wheel area of my car has disappeared. As a precaution, I had the car towed to the dealership North of here, instead of returning to the dealership where it was purchased, South of here, which would be a greater distance (I think).

They inspected it, took it for a ride, had the foreman accompany the mechanic for a ride, had me go with the mechanic for a ride. Nothing.

Best to be cautious I suppose.

Luckily, they did charge me their cost for towing (at a discount over the $130 otherwise) and only charged me for 1/2 hour labor. Under $200 to make sure the car is OK.

Gotta do what you gotta do sometimes. Shrug. It is a mystery.

3 comments:

j udy said...

Better safe than sorry though! It was nice of them to give you a discount though

BlissfulButterfly said...

You weren't able to have your insurance cover the towing? Been in the same boat here with car issues lately and insurance company completely covered the cost of towing. Very thankful for that because the nearest dealership that is able to work on it is over an hour away.

CTMOM said...

Hmm . . I'll have to email my agent, not that I anticipate being able to get covered, but it doesn't hurt to ask. Thanks for the idea.