Thursday, February 28, 2013

Crockpot Thursday

2 back to back meetings after work, meant that I'd be home late. Set up my Crockpot last night, filling it with 1/2 of a large onion, chopped; 2 cans of rinsed and drained kidney beans (one light, one dark), chilli powder, a quart of organic CSA home canned tomatoes. In the morning, I browned off a lb of ground beef (couldn't readily find grnd turkey, perhaps I'm out), while I got bfst going, made work/school lunches. I came home to this, and now have a pan of homemade Southern style buttermilk corn bread baking off.



 Leftover cornbread will become Friday's breakfast.

3 comments:

Shara said...

I love chili! I'm pretty sure Saturday will be a crockpot day for us, but I'm not sure what I'm cooking yet.

Precious said...

That looks delicious. I love crockpot meals. They are just so easy.

j udy said...

looks delish! Its lasagna with no meat for us today(friday). Your cornbread looks so good could you post a recipe because no matter what mine never comes out right

Miss you!