Saturday, February 9, 2013

Blizzard Charlotte

Here's a view out of my front door. Yes, we did have a plow do the driveway last night at about 10 p.m., certainly can't tell that you ARE looking at my driveway still. We were lucky. Yes, a lot of snow, but we (knock on wood) have yet to lose power. Highest amount that I've heard is 36 inches in Hampden-well East of here. Governor has a travel ban in effect, not that I have any plans of going anywhere, not that I could if I wanted to. I am certain that the plow guys are beyond exhausted. Winds are strong still, so there remains a concern for power outages. So, I await a return visit from the plow guy, I'll need to reshovel the front steps, in front of the garage so that I can get my car out.

1 comment:

sheepystitious said...

I'm in Stonington, CT - we got about 2 feet, and we lost power for 2 days. Luckily, we have the wood stove for heat (and cooking/heating water) and a generator!