Saturday, January 26, 2013

Today's thrift finds

I stopped at several thrift shops today (Goodwill, Savers, Salvation Army, Habitat for Humanity). I bought the following:
-a like new,Chatham brand (a quality name I recognise) red, twin sized, very warm spun polyester felted fabric blanket. $2.99 plus tax
-2 like new, Egyptian cotton, thick bath towels: one is baby blue, the other a buttercream. I paid $2.99 and $3.99 plus tax. I've been noticing that some of my bath towels are wearing.
-a hand crafted tea cozy! I was going to make myself one and can't believe that I came across one, in new condition, fully lined and has some sort of batting as an insulator. I love the retro fabric, it's also lined with a soft yellow. 99 cents plus tax

2 comments:

Belinda said...

Very nice finds, Carol. The blanket especially. When we visit my sister in Illinois in the summer, one of our favorite pastimes is to go to yard sales. I can find things there (in upper middle class neighborhoods) that I could never find here in TN. One of those items are the nicest washcloths. My sister laughs at me when i buy them, but they are wonderful! Ones I would not buy new due to the cost. Your towels sound nice! Great deals you found today, especially the tea cozy. :)

CTMOM said...

Belinda, agreed, towel prices are ridiculous! The bulk of my towels are second hand items. I washed and machine dried my blanket, towels and tea cozy last night (my preferred procedure for second hand items, to avoid any possible "concerns"), noting as I folded the other towels in that batch, that these were all second hand purchases. Quality items, quality brands. I just paid so much less!