Thursday, January 31, 2013

Baking treats

I haven't baked treats in some time. We had eaten all of the marked down to 99 cents, Aldi's "oreos" and Christmas treats are long gone. All that remained were some Aldi's fig bars, orange "jello." So, I decided to bake a batch of Aldi's brownies and since the oven was on, I also made a pan of Magic Cookie bars, using marked down, generic grahams; marked down, store brand condensed milk, Aldi's chocolate chips and coconut, sale priced stick margarine, free to me SC pecans. Treats baked at home, on a budget. Once cooled, I will cut these up and store them in some metal tins I have.

3 comments:

Lili said...

Those sound very yummy! Your family will love them. And it's a good reminder to me to get moving tomorrow and do some baking, too. As you said, all the Christmas goodies are long gone. I have lots of little bits of different dried fruits. Perhaps some oatmeal and dried fruit cookies.

Belinda said...

Nice treats! Store bought treats can really put a dent in the family budget. Making these at home is a good money saver. I made some small pumpkin cakes this week using up some canned pumpkin I had in the pantry.

I like your canister of tea bags in the background too! What a great way to corral all those tea bags together. My tea bag shelf could use that. :)

Hawaii Planner said...

Yum! I've been making lots of treats for my oldest (he's almost 7) to pack for his activities, like ski bus. I've been making banana bread, muffins, cookies, rice krispie treats, granola bars, etc.