Pages

Search This Blog

Loading...

Saturday, March 22, 2014

The last of my gift card

Still trying to stretch out the remaining $ on my gift card today, when I went over to the store to take advantage of an emailed loss leader (berries @ 99/pkg, limit 1), I also grabbed the largest Oven Stuffer Roaster I could find, priced @ 99/lb, which is my go to price. I also grabbed a head of Romaine as we finished the lettuce last night. I paid $6.55 for the above, after using up the GC.  I think I spent the GC wisely. The roaster is now in the freezer for another time.

9 comments:

Ms. Sandie Apuzzo said...

You really have inspired me, thank you!

CTMOM said...

Sandie
Thanks. I have a question about your blog, which is google plus. When I've tried to comment, for some reason (the google plus part I assume), it triggers using my personal account, therefor using and publishing my complete name, which I prefer not to use on line, choosing instead my moniker "CTonabudget" or "Carol in CT" Is there anyway you'd consider resetting your blog or not using google plus, otherwise, I am not comfortable leaving a comment. Sorry. : (

j said...

I think you did great! You really managed to stretch it out at a store you said was expensive.! You even still found you pp for chicken.

Ms. Sandie Apuzzo said...

I'm still trying to figure out all this stuff myself. Let me see if I can change it.

Ms. Sandie Apuzzo said...

Carol, can you try again? See if I set it up the correct way for anyone to comment.

CTMOM said...

Sandie-you fixed it, I left a few comments. Thanks! : )

Joyful said...

Wow! You can still get chicken for 99 cents a pound? We haven't had that price for many years. We can't even get the chicken for double that price anymore. These days the sale price seems to be $2.98 a pound. You did well with the shop. We all have to stretch those dolalrs.

CTMOM said...

Joyful
Yes, regular sale price (common) for fryers and roasters is 99/lb. Private store label and even national brands such as Perdue. Aldi's charges 95/lb for theirs.

Belinda said...

Great deals, Carol. I think you spent the GC wisely too. Nice deal on the roaster.