Pages

Search This Blog

Loading...

Wednesday, December 26, 2012

Planned overs: Baked mac and cheese with Ham




Using my usual recipe (http://ctonabudget.blogspot.com/2010/12/baked-macaroni-and-cheese-recipe.html) from the back of Mueller's macaroni, I made a double batch of macaroni and cheese, using stick margarine, instant milk, the remaining slices of Pepper Jack leftover from the twin's confirmation party in October (and frozen), the last bag from my former home of assorted shredded cheese scraps (I buy cheese ends at Shoprite and home shred and freeze for casseroles). This is definately a use it up meal. Cheeses gone, some additional Christmas ham was cubed and mixed in. It is now baking off in the table top, convection mini oven so as to conserve energy. Sides are a green salad of Romaine, grape tomatoes, black olives (leftover), Christmas eve cornishons sliced into pennies. Choice of dressing. Additionally, a  42 cent can of crash and burn no salt green beans has been warmed up on the stove. I intentionally made a double batch as 1) 3 of the 4 kids are here tonight and they LOVE this stuff, and 2) if they allow for leftovers, this will make a quick lunch this week, if not a side to luncheon.

4 comments:

Hawaii Planner said...

Sounds like a yummy way to use up leftovers, & you've given me an idea for my leftover ham. :-)

Belinda said...

Mmmmm....sounds terrific. We love macaroni and cheese here. Nice to have some leftovers for later too. :)

Precious said...

Oh so yummy! Thanks for sharing. Since I will be cooking a spiral sliced hame for New Years Eve, I will also be making my favorite mac and cheese recipe along with some broccoli.

CTMOM said...

Precious,
Beanies and weanies with ham instead of hotdog pennies, BBQ sauced ham meatballs, Marcia Adams ham loaf, fried ham slices with fried eggs for bfst, deviled ham salad or sandwiches-there is so much to do with leftover ham! I only cook a few a year, but we certainly enjoy the leftovers.